Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars Pro doesn't seem to be making progress printing (2nd ever attempt)
** UPDATE *** : Actually ignore what I wrote below, I pressed the arrow icon on the print menu and it changed to two vertical bars for 'pause' and the estimated print time changed to 11 minutes and I could see the layer print progress on the screen. Funny as I tried to press the arrow 'play' icon several times before and it did nothing, didn't change etc. I will give you an update of print progress... cheers .. ! ** UPDATE ***

Short story is that I bought my Elegoo Pro end of Jan 2020. I did a test run of the rooks and one came out fine and the other dropped off the plate (I had not Z Aligned the plate with the sheet of paper method and I figures that was the reason and the printer was sort of working).

Fast forward to June 2020, I then decided to revisit my Elegoo Mars and do a proper print run for something I need which was some miniature .50 Cal Browning machine guns for minatures game Bolt Action.

I made 6 machine guns roughly 2.6cm long and put them on heavy structs chitubox, I selected Elegoo Mars Pro on Chitubox, I aligned the to be printed mesh to the base plate via Chitubox, I set the exposure time on the resin on Chitbox according to what was on the bottle and I clicked on slice and created a .CTB file.

** UPDATE *** : Actually ignore what I wrote below, I pressed the arrow icon on the print menu and it changed to two vertical bars for 'pause' and the estimated print time changed to 11 minutes and I could see the layer print progress on the screen. Funny as I tried to press the arrow 'play' icon several times before and it did nothing, didn't change etc. I will give you an update of print progress... cheers .. ! ** UPDATE ***
The .CTB file was showing on the Elegoo Mars Pro (I had aligned the plate minutes before) and filled the tub with resin and the plate lowered into the vat of resin.

About an hour and a half later I noticed that there was no progress beyond 1%, the plate still dipped into the vat of resin and I could see that 0/67 slices had been completed. Also I noticed that there is no 'estimated time showing' i.e. it is -h-m on the far left of the display.

I may have hit pause and then play again but I don't think the print is paused. I can see the 'square button' which prompts me to 'exit the print' I hit 'cancel' for no. I can see a 'cog wheel' which when I click on it brings up exposure time for the model i.e. bottom 60s top 8 seconds I think I remember. Also I can see a triangular arrow pointing to the right, when I click on this nothing changes , which is strange.

Is my print run not doing anything ? and not progressing ? or am I just being impatient or have I got a setting wrong which has made it spend ages on the bottom layer ?

Photo of the state of the menu after 1hr 30 mins:
https://imgur.com/a/652DKcX