Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error! file is not existed
Hello, I follow every step of the manual, but when it come to print a model, I have this message. Can someone enlighten me ?  (no resin in the tank) thanks in advance !

https://i.imgur.com/yFtGLyr.jpg
I would assume you have performed a cold boot on the printer--with the jump drive not installed? Then install the card and try again...

Can you read the USB drive on a PC?

Here is what the directory structure of the flash drive that came with my newest Mars looks like--there is no sub-folder of System Volume Information named System Volume Information, nor is there a file named Rook-2019:

[Image: OEM-USB-DirStructure-00.jpg]
I completly format the usb card. Do I need a specific file in the usb stick ? I Format in FAT32, then use chitubox and stl file. Slice the file and save with the .cbddlp
But I have something weird just before. My file was completly corrupt. That's the reason I format the stick.

Thanks in advance.
Did you save the file into the System Volume Information folder (Windows should not have allowed that)? That folder is a "system" folder, normally not visible by the Windows File Explorer. I am running Linux which considers it to be just another folder...

What does the directory structure of your USB drive look like?
Photo 
It look like this. Nothing else.[Image: 4DwwabK.png]
(06-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Emmanuel_P Wrote: Hello, I follow every step of the manual, but when it come to print a model, I have this message. Can someone enlighten me ?  (no resin in the tank) thanks in advance !

I get the same "file is not existed or empty" error sometimes. I still have no idea what causes it, as it seems to be totally random. The only thing I have found to fix it is to format the thumb drive (make sure to back up any important files first). Even this doesn't always fix the issue and I sometimes have to format the drive multiple times and resave the file to the drive. This is a very annoying issue and since the Mars can't recognize any of my other USB drives, I'm stuck using the one it came with.  Angry

(06-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Emmanuel_P Wrote: Hello, I follow every step of the manual, but when it come to print a model, I have this message. Can someone enlighten me ?  (no resin in the tank) thanks in advance !

OK I just did a test and found that one thing that can cause this error is the file name being too long.

I have no idea why long file names can't be printed or why it doesn't give you a relevant error like "Error: file name too long" but that's just how it is.

I confirmed this by making two copies of the same CBDDLP file on the thumb drive, but then making renaming one of the files with a long file name. The printer recognizes the one with the short name and prints it just fine but the one with the long name won't print and says "File is not existed or empty".

I believe the programmers who wrote the firmware did not handle the edge case exception for long file names so it causes the firmware to be unable to locate and read the file properly.

Hope this helps!
-Alterius