Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prints consistency
Hello, 

made few prints, the problem I am facing is consistency - some prints coming out outstanding and some just poor.
The problem is sticking to the plate, some prints did not stick at all, and some piled of partially and disfiguring prints.

I know "sticking to the plate" problem is something that eradicated with an experience, but please suggest relevant to Mars solutions.

Also please advise how tightly stretched I need to have FEP, very tight or shell I leave a bit loose ?
(07-03-2020, 04:21 AM)Vlad Wrote: Hello, 

made few prints, the problem I am facing is consistency - some prints coming out outstanding and some just poor.
The problem is sticking to the plate, some prints did not stick at all, and some piled of partially and disfiguring prints.

I know "sticking to the plate" problem is something that eradicated with an experience, but please suggest relevant to Mars solutions.

Also please advise how tightly stretched I need to have FEP, very tight or shell I leave a bit loose ?

Sorry for the late reply! 

Sticking to the plate: Increase the exposure time for your bottom layers, or work with the files to include some sort of a raft. That's an option under ChiTuBox. Also, make sure that where you're printing is appropriately warm. This sort of resin needs to be consistently over about 70 degrees F or it WILL fail because it doesn't flow fast enough or cure well enough. 

The FEP should be drum tight. Some people talk about tuning it, but I've never tried to jump through those hoops. When replacing the FEP, you want something like a folded paper towel underneath the center of the frame to give it some support, but when wedging the frame back into the rest of the tank there should be only enough slack in the FEP to get it in place with moderate effort. You do NOT want a loose FEP or you'll have wrinkles, uneven curing, and resin flowing into places it can't get out of easily.
Hi There, as yet I have not received my Mars Pro but I have seen on youtube that if you put the 3in1 oil with PTFE in on to the VAT/tank and wipe it all over the FEP film that stops resin from sticking to the FEP. hope this helps.