Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mars Pro Not Printing: Just Buzzing
Hello All,

I just purchased an a mars pro, but I am unable to get it to run. I have read the leveling instructions, and have seen many videos of people performing the task. To my knowledge the machine levels without issue. I found the Rook file on the USB and hit print, however, the build plate lowers and the machine starts to buzz. The build plate does not raise on the Z-axis once it initially lowers and starts buzzing/humming. The progress bar stays at 1%, though the time clock does continue to record progressed time. 

I did find other posts online of people having similar problems, and have already doubled the A4 paper while re-leveling, and even left extra wiggle room on a different attempt. I am becoming frustrated because I do not have enough knowledge with resin printers to know if the problem is with myself, or the printer.

Help is needed. Thank you!

Edit: The z-axis moves as expected in manual mode. It is only while printing that the build plate does not move.

Edit 2: I 'may' have solved the problem. I suspected the Z-axis was trying to print the initial layer on in the negative plane, despite having followed the directions as written. Instead, I folded the paper in half, and when that didnt work, I added a second folded paper (so 4 layers of A4 paper). For good measure, I then left what I felt was 'too much' space, so I could easily slide all the paper in and out. I then set "Z=0" and printed the rook, and wouldnt you l know the damn thing started printing.

I also did a power cycle, including removing it from the brick, and the brick from the wall, though I doubt this did anything. If the print comes out fine, I guess I will add a 3rd edit, just so anyone in the future having the same problem has something to try.
It sounds like the buzzing noise you get due to the motor stalling because your bed is not leveled.  I went through this a few weeks ago when I changed my FEP film.  In reality I had changed too many things at the same time - new resin, new FEP film, new model with challenging supports. Leveling was definitely the first issue to solve as I was getting that nasty buzz.  In the end I got it leveled by going through the process carefully using one sheet of paper.  Elegoo emphasize the importance of the order of tightening the two socket screws and in retrospect I wonder if this might have contributed to my problem.  

Once leveled I printed a 50% size rook (for speed) and it worked then tried the tricky print again and got a pretty shoddy print - combination of model being right up to the size limits for Mars, probably less than ideal supports and I think issues with Elegoo's grey resin.  I probably learned bed leveling is really important and that the grey resin should be reserved for less challenging files.  Haven't used my printer too much the last few weeks but probably will do something soon to scratch that itch!