Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Prints after long successes
I have had the last 5 prints fail
I had replaced the lcd a month ago when previous one had dead spots and I was getting holes in prints.
Now this one has printed holes in prints but doe snot have dead spots. 
It will randomly print parts of models. 
I have changed the FEP as the pervious was deff in need of replacing and have leveled the print bed, I have changed resin to see if maybe I had a bad batch,  yet I am getting partial prints every time 

Any help would be appreciated
How are you testing the LCD shutter? I ask because using the built-in "exposure test" masks any problems there might be in the central 75% of the display with that dark central box.

See my post here re: testing the screen with a 68 x 120 mm "block" that reveals defects in the entire screen.

"Holes" in the printed model are a 99.44% indication of dark spots in the LCD shutter...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(08-07-2020, 03:44 AM)cliffyk Wrote: How are you testing the LCD shutter? I ask because using the nuilt-in "exposure test" masks any problems there might be in the central 75% of the display with that dark central box.

See my post here re: testing the screen with a 68 x 120 mm "block" thar reveals defect in the entire screen.

"Holes" in the printed model are a 99.44% indication of dark spots in the LCD shutter...
Thank you I will test
Changed the screen still having failed prints. Im about to boot it out the window
(08-07-2020, 07:21 PM)VonStrom Wrote: Changed the screen still having failed prints. Im about to boot it out the window

What is the failure mode (holes, deformation/"melting", not releasing from the FEP)?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-07-2020, 11:16 PM)cliffyk Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 07:21 PM)VonStrom Wrote: Changed the screen still having failed prints. Im about to boot it out the window

What is the failure mode (holes, deformation/"melting", not releasing from the FEP)?
So at the moment its the entire right  side of the plate is not staying on the plate. it peeling up and the items that are sticking to the middle and left side have deformation
The only suggestion I have is to is to double an triple check the platen alignment (so-called "leveling"). You have likely already dome this; I know I have after my recent LCD change out I have been having nothing but problems--I am not too far away from saying "screw-it" and selling the damned thing on Craigslist...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-09-2020, 07:17 AM)cliffyk Wrote: The only suggestion I have is to is to double an triple check the platen alignment (so-called "leveling"). You have likely already dome this; I know I have after my recent LCD change out I have been having nothing but problems--I am not too far away from saying "screw-it" and selling the damned thing on Craigslist...
Mine nearly went out the window after the latest lcd change.
NOTHING else has changed.  Put Nnew FEP re leveled build plate releveled machine. Tried different resins. Tried PTFE Lube..... Im about done