Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars C Unknown File Format issue
Today I received the Elegoo Mars C. I went through the instructions in the booklet, but when it came time to test print, I received 2 different errors. Memory Error M400 and Unknown File Format. I have been unable to print the test rooks nor any other file. The Memory Error M400 is from selecting an STL file, which I know it can't print. CBDDLP files do not print either. I have checked, and rechecked that I went through the slicing process in Chitubox. I have copied everything from the provided flash drive to my PC, formatted the USB and then copied only the initial rook files where I still receive the unknown file format error. I then created a rookv2 file where I took the original STl file and sliced it in Chitubox. Still receive the error. Went out and bought brand new USB drives, copied the rook files and still have the unknown file format error. Opened the Mars C and made sure the USB cable was connected, and it is. I redownloaded the test files from the Elegoo website, sliced it and still received the Unknown File Format issue. 

Is my printer just DOA? I bought through Amazon so returning it would be really easy. I just want to make sure that I have tried everything in my power to fix the issue.

I should add that I have attempted to update the firmware on the Mars C using the firmware for M05 or older and I still receive Unknown File Format.

One more update. I downloaded the Rook file in the Elegoo FAQ and troubleshooting guide. Same error. I opened up the printer, disconnected the USB cable to the main board and connected the USB directly. The red light on the board was on, but I still received the same error.
Hello, I received my Elegoo Mars C today and am having the exact same issue. I've already tried everything you listed, as well as emailed the support team. Did you have any success or did you end up having to return it?

*UPDATE* I figured it out. I found an Amazon review that mentioned you had to use a .cbt format, which is an option when you save the file from Chitubox. I re-sliced the Rook file, saved it as .cbt and now it is printing. I will know for sure how it worked in 2 hours, but it's doing more now than it was before, so any error moving forward I suspect will be from other settings.
(09-17-2020, 05:09 AM)bpm5cm Wrote: Hello, I received my Elegoo Mars C today and am having the exact same issue. I've already tried everything you listed, as well as emailed the support team. Did you have any success or did you end up having to return it?

*UPDATE* I figured it out. I found an Amazon review that mentioned you had to use a .cbt format, which is an option when you save the file from Chitubox. I re-sliced the Rook file, saved it as .cbt and now it is printing. I will know for sure how it worked in 2 hours, but it's doing more now than it was before, so any error moving forward I suspect will be from other settings.

I doubt you'll have any other problems. I got my Mars C two weeks ago, had the same issue. I found the answer on this forum. I just set up a Mars Pro profile and made the parameters match the mars profile in Chitubox to output .ctb files. I've had zero issues with my Mars C since then... Until I messed with the Machine parameters.gcode file, but that's not relevant.
Thanks for the info! Setup my machine last night for nothing, wouldn't work. Such a simple fix! Glad I found this forum