Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All prints failing and sticking to the Fep
Hello, 

So I have recently bought a Elegoo Mars Pro, I have has some successful prints but a lot of failures. And I have tried almost everything to fix the problems (I think). I am using the Elegoo ABS-like Gray Resin, I will share some pictures of my settings below. I have tuned my settings many times, but the failures are so random that I don't really know if it is my settings or something else causing the failures. Things I have tried the following.

• Leveling the Build Plate
  • Using ptfe lubricant
  • Using masking tape underneath the FEP film to (maybe) fix vacuum effect. 
  • Lowering my lift speed
  • Using extra supports (even on pre-supported prints)

Also a weird thing is that I tend to have successful prints when it's dark outside/inside, during the day they all fail. I have my Printer in the kitchen and there is a lot of sunlight coming in during the day, could this be the main problem? Also I must say that it's typically around 20 to 21 degrees inside instead of the recommended 25 degrees... Maybe this can also be the problem but that means i should always have failures and not is more like 80% failure 20% success.

I hope one of you has the answer to my problem or things I can still try.

[Image: 5bbuS4m.png]
[Image: 9jyxJ1H.png]
Try reducing that bottom exposure time. 65 seconds is more than the 60 seconds I use with my plain ol' Mars. Al5so 10 bottom layers strikes me a excessive, I run 5 with my Mars...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
If this has not fixed yet. Try calibrating with Two sheets of paper as this did a difference for me. Also the layer height is a bit high. It is from what I saw between 0.03 - 0.05
Also, I just noti8ced you have a "Pro" model; with that model in particular "sticking to the FEP" is almost always really an issue of "not sticking to the build plate". There are numerous active threads about this. I purchased a "Pro" build plate to check it out for myself. The near mirror finish they put on it IS the problem. Here is my report on that, with followup here and  here.

One fellow reported he used a scouring pad to roughen up the platen, with success...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
I also noticed that your layer height is a bit thick. 0.1 is too much. Try using 0.04. You typically want a layer height between 0.05 and 0.03. Most definitely try to use a scour pad on the build plate. You want to reduce it down to a satin finish. Also what is the condition of your FEP? Are you able to give us a picture of that?
(10-23-2020, 04:17 PM)Snowmanner Wrote: I also noticed that your layer height is a bit thick. 0.1 is too much. Try using 0.04. You typically want a layer height between 0.05 and 0.03. Most definitely try to use a scour pad on the build plate. You want to reduce it down to a satin finish. Also what is the condition of your FEP? Are you able to give us a picture of that?

Yup, I missed that...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com