Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only prints supports, but no model
Just got the Elegoo Mars this week. I had a successful first print, but the next 3 prints I tried, failed, and I can't figure out why. The machine is now only printing the support beams and not the model itself. I am left with a small city like structure, but not the model. A thin layer of the model itself is left on the on the glass at the bottom of the vat, also. I have changed a couple of settings, and tried printing both solid and hollow. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance, JB.
(10-08-2020, 03:59 PM)JerryBones Wrote: Just got the Elegoo Mars this week. I had a successful first print, but the next 3 prints I tried, failed, and I can't figure out why. The machine is now only printing the support beams and not the model itself. I am left with a small city like structure, but not the model. A thin layer of the model itself is left on the on the glass at the bottom of the vat, also. I have changed a couple of settings, and tried printing both solid and hollow. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance, JB.

I have the same problem, see attached pic...
I don't see any of the photos on my browser, but are you certain you have sufficient supports? If the parts is starting to print before it is supported, it may be stuck to the FEP before a support is connected to it. For example, an unsupported island early in the print. Even if the supports eventually merge with an island on the FEP, if the peel forces on the part exceed the strength of the supports, the part will get pulled free and the problem will only get worse from there.

It certainly would help to see a photo, but that is my first thought.
(10-09-2020, 12:47 PM)earthball Wrote: I don't see any of the photos on my browser, but are you certain you have sufficient supports? If the parts is starting to print before it is supported, it may be stuck to the FEP before a support is connected to it. For example, an unsupported island early in the print. Even if the supports eventually merge with an island on the FEP, if the peel forces on the part exceed the strength of the supports, the part will get pulled free and the problem will only get worse from there.

It certainly would help to see a photo, but that is my first thought.
Here is the example photo.

But I think I fixed it!!
I re-leveled the build plate but instead of using the paper method, I used the fep tray to level it.
And I have made 4 prints with out a problem.
Here is a video explaing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgVLr9F_0Xo&t=1s

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)