Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now Mars Pro firmware is officially available, but how to update?
I recently noticed that ELEGOO web site is completely renewed, and now they have a support page of Mars Pro, where latest firmware is available.

https://www.elegoo.com/blogs/3d-printing...port-files

I downloaded the zip file of latest firmware, unzipped, and then found that there is no instruction how to update firmware of Mars Pro.

Anyone want to challenge?
(10-22-2020, 06:22 PM)BAM-System Wrote: I recently noticed that ELEGOO web site is completely renewed, and now they have a support page of Mars Pro, where latest firmware is available.

I downloaded the zip file of latest firmware, unzipped, and then found that there is no instruction how to update firmware of Mars Pro.

Wow, I asked ELEGOO to show some instruction how to update the firmware, and quickly they added an instruction how to do it! Thanks, ELEGOO!
(10-23-2020, 04:00 AM)BAM-System Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 06:22 PM)BAM-System Wrote: I recently noticed that ELEGOO web site is completely renewed, and now they have a support page of Mars Pro, where latest firmware is available.

Wow, I asked ELEGOO to show some instruction how to update the firmware, and quickly they added an instruction how to do it! Thanks, ELEGOO!

Could you expand on the procedure, I unzipped the file getting a top folder named
ELEGOO MARS PRO Firmware V4.3.4-F2.14

Inside this folder were two more folders named
mars prošĖŧū20201022
and
mars pro固件20201022

inside those two folders were the 5 prescribed files needed to update, yet the printer says they are invalid.
(10-25-2020, 05:24 PM)udenk Wrote:

Could you expand on the procedure, I unzipped the file getting a top folder named

mars prošĖŧū20201022
and
mars pro固件20201022

inside those two folders were the 5 prescribed files needed to update, yet the printer says they are invalid.

Though my MARS PRO firmware was V4.3.4-F2.14 already when purchased, I tried updating as described in ELEGOO web site.

5 files were scattering in two folders when unzipped. I just copied all of 5 files which has indicated extension .SH4, .CBD, .logo, .bin, .txt to the root of USB stick. Then I plugged it to MARS PRO, and printed each file.

At first, when printing .SH4 file, MARS PRO said firmware file is the same version as installed, which is just I expected. Then I printed all of other files, and MARS PRO just finished printing them. No error happened. Nothing changed, as there is no change in firmware version. :-P

So the firmware file available in ELEGOO support web site is proper. Please check that you downloaded exactly MARS PRO firmware, not other one such as MARS, MARS 2 PRO, etc. And also make sure you unzipped properly. I unzipped the firmware zip file by macOS Finder standard archiver, so zip file format is probably standard zip format. However, some of the files contained in the firmware zip file had Chinese file names, so if your archiver does not support non-latin language code, it may be corrupting those files.
(10-25-2020, 05:41 PM)BAM-System Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 05:24 PM)udenk Wrote:

mars prošĖŧū20201022
and
mars pro固件20201022

Though my MARS PRO firmware was V4.3.4-F2.14 already when purchased, I tried updating as described in ELEGOO web site.

5 files were scattering in two folders when unzipped. I just copied all of 5 files which has indicated extension .SH4, .CBD, .logo, .bin, .txt to the root of USB stick. Then I plugged it to MARS PRO, and printed each file.

At first, when printing .SH4 file, MARS PRO said firmware file is the same version as installed, which is just I expected. Then I printed all of other files, and MARS PRO just finished printing them. No error happened. Nothing changed, as there is no change in firmware version. :-P

So the firmware file available in ELEGOO support web site is proper. Please check that you downloaded exactly MARS PRO firmware, not other one such as MARS, MARS 2 PRO, etc. And also make sure you unzipped properly. I unzipped the firmware zip file by macOS Finder standard archiver, so zip file format is probably standard zip format. However, some of the files contained in the firmware zip file had Chinese file names, so if your archiver does not support non-latin language code, it may be corrupting those files.

Thanks to your reply, I finally realized mine was not updating because my mars pro was already at the correct firmware version. Thanks again.
Problem unzip non-latin language code with mars pro firmware

I have a elegoo Mars Pro and I like to update the firmware via USB-stick. I have a problem with unzip on macOS Big Sur V 11.2.2 with the standard unzip have a elegoo Mars Pro and I like to update the firmware via USB-stick. I have a problem with unzip on macOS Big Sur V 11.2.2 with the standard unzip app and the 7Zip Browser.app from App Store.

The problem is, that your zip-file is non-latin language  code and I get after unzip files with *.sh4, .cbd, .logo, .bin and .txt in the main directory.

In the 7Zip Browser.app no code offers the mentioned files and the unzip files are wrong.

I have send an e-Mail to elegoo and the e-mail was not delivered: reason: 550 Ip frequency limited.

I need the files *.sh4, .cbd, .logo, .bin and .txt for updte the firmware of my mars pro.

Thank you for help.
That download site has been up for 3-4 months...

FWIW, and if anyone cares, I inadvertently loaded the "Pro" firmware on my plain ol' Mars "M20" vintage machine--it worked great and I did not notice for over a week until I happened to reboot the printer and notice it claimed to be a "Pro" on the splash screen. Still using it 3 months later with NO issues of any sort.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Exclamation 
(03-07-2021, 01:57 PM)cliffyk Wrote: That download site has been up for 3-4 months...

FWIW, and if anyone cares,  I inadvertently loaded the "Pro" firmware on my plain ol' Mars "M20" vintage machine--it worked great and I did not notice for over a week until I happened to reboot the printer and notice it claimed to be a "Pro" on the splash screen. Still using it 3 months later with NO issues of any sort.
Hello Cliff,

This is good news as I was wondering if I could use the g-code from the regular mars on my pro.. The g-code they have for the Mars Pro is encrypted so I can't do any edits..
(03-20-2021, 05:06 AM)Kirk444 Wrote: Hello Cliff,

This is good news as I was wondering if I could use the g-code from the regular mars on my pro.. The g-code they have for the Mars Pro is encrypted so I can't do any edits..

Huh, the file I got  from the .zip archive has the comments in Chinese and was incorrectly named with a ".txt" extension--I don't know if the printer firmware would know what to do with it--however it was not encrypted. Here's a link to a properly named (".gcode") copy of the "Pro" file, with the comments in English: (MarsProChiTuMainboardSpecificationV3.0.920200612_en.gcode [10 kB])

I got rid of the damned spaces they put in the filename too (I really wish people would not do that).
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com