Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components
This thread is of great interest to me.  I am new to 3D printing.  We have a couple FDM printers at my office which I've used to print some stuff for personal use.  I'm retiring in a few weeks would like to buy a 3D printer to play with after I retire.  I was planning on purchasing a QIDI X Plus FDM printer but one of the guys in the office has a resin printer at home and swears by it, so I am also looking at an Elegoo Saturn.  I have no interest in printing little action figures and the like, I would be using it to print functional parts.  It sure seems like an FDM printer is a better choice for me; stronger, more flexible parts and easier to use.  Can somebody tell me where I'm wrong in my thinking?

I have the space and the funds to buy both printers, but I don't think I will be printing enough parts to justify having 2 printers and I don't think I want to take the time to become proficient in the use of 2 different printers.  So why should I buy the Saturn or any resin printer?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components - by VivaTerlingua - 02-04-2022, 07:53 AM