Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components
(02-04-2022, 09:39 AM)Lissanro Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 07:53 AM)VivaTerlingua Wrote: If you have sufficient funds, it is better to buy resin printer and ultrasonic bath. Personally I have 19L ultrasonic bath with 290x260x130mm basket (the basket size is the most important, tank size is larger, but actual useful volume is limited by the basket size). I have two resin printer, Voxelab Proxima 6 with Creality firmware and Elegoo Saturn, the bath is large enough for biggest parts I can print. I print mostly functional parts and actively use both resin printers. I still have FDM printer, but rarely use it. Only reason to use it, if I need to produce a part larger than Saturn can print (my FDM printer cannot print multiple colors or materials, so there are no other reason to use it, except perhaps material cost, but the cost is not an issue for me, part quality is more important, so I use resin printers when possible).

Thank you for your detailed response, it gives me more confidence in the resin printers.  What does the ultrasonic bath do for you that a wash and cure station doesn't do?  Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to resin printers.

Also, some of my parts will be used outdoors.  How well do these resins hold up to sunlight?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components - by VivaTerlingua - 02-04-2022, 10:13 AM