Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inadvertantly loaded "Pro" firmware on a plain ol' MARS...
As the subject says, I inadvertently loaded (this getting old shit sucks, when do the "golden years" start?) the Pro v4.3.4 firmware on my plain ol' MARS--and did not notice until a week later when I wanted to use that USB drive to print some stuff.

Thing is, it worked just fine. The only difference is that the start-up splash screen says it's a Pro; and it has the thin line dark, trendy GUI--all else works as it should. I see no added (or missing) functionality. performance, or any other difference.

Today I loaded the plain ol' MARS package, and was back with it ID'ing itself as just a "MARS" when it booted--but nothing else--just now went back to the Pro firmware as I grew accustomed to the cleaner GUI.

I suppose the Pro firmware is trying to control that filter/exhaust fan, but it does not complain about it's not being there. I have not found that the machine prints or behaves any differently using either firmware paxkage--which confirms what I had believed that he "Pro" offers no significant upgrade from the later models of the oroginal printer (FWIW my MARS is s/n M20SILVER20200401, I got it in mid-May of this year)...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Is it still working well? May switch to it if anything just for the updated .ctb extension.
Works great...

FWIW my plain ol' MARS (s/n M20SILVER20200401, fw v 4.3.2) has supported .ctb files since I got it in May of this year--my previous M13... model (October 2019) did also.

[Image: Silver-SN.JPG]

[Image: Silver-FW.JPG]

The MARS 4.3.4 f/w supports the .ctb files too--the "Pro" is a plain ol' MARS with minor upgrades--if they really wanted to make a "Pro" version they'd need to put a better Z-axis mast on it
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com