Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error M_400 on a brand new MARS Pro
Hey guys
I just got a ELEGOO MARS Pro and set it up, first test "the Rook" went fairly ok, but as I wanted to try a different file, one that I have downloaded from "MyMiniFactory", the Printer went nuts, In the begining i just got a error message saying that it cant read USB error M_400 and that I need to plug the USB again. I tried now 20 times and also downloaded ChiTu Box thinking as I had read here in another thread that maybe the stl wasn´t sliced. but after that, when I choose the file and press print, i get the same error and it like keeps popping up again and again.
I tried then farmating another USB and copying all the files over to that one, but its like the USB that came with the machine some how is pared to the machine, cause any other USB just shows as if compleatly empthy? what to do??

Martin
The USB drive needs to be partitioned as a primary partition with a Master Boot Record (MBR, and then formatted as plain ol' FAT32--if it cannot be read, and was formerly partitioned you'll need to do a hard delete of the old partition and redo it as a primary with MBR.  On Windows I have found the free versions of either Partition Master or Disk Genius to work well. On Linux I use the command line fdisk utility.

Had to do this to my Elegoo supplied flash drive just yesterday (I booted to Windows and used Disk Genius) because I was too lazy to look up the Linux fdisk options. To minimize the need to do this always use the "eject" or "unmount" option on your computer before removing the flash drive--and shut off the MARS before unplugging the drive (do not power-up the printer with the drive installed)...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Thanks Cliffyk I will try that Smile