Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No authorization! firmware issue
Hello Everyone,

I screwed up my printer - I have an Elegoo Mars Version M1 and tried to update the firmware after replacing the bed LCD. Now most features do not work, and when I select a file it says No authorization!

The information screen says Version V4.216_LCD /1440X2560 /F2.0 

Any help is appreciated 

Smile
(11-19-2020, 08:31 PM)cbobbittusmcr Wrote: The information screen says Version V4.216_LCD /1440X2560 /F2.0 

Any help is appreciated 

Smile

Is that the f/w version you attempted to load? If not what version did you try to load--where did you get the files?

Was there any "readme" type of file in the package you used for the attempted update?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(11-20-2020, 05:57 PM)cliffyk Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 08:31 PM)cbobbittusmcr Wrote: I go the files from here, and it said it was for Elegoo Mars , V4.2.19_LCDM F2.7 ( for Mo5 and older version) 

The information screen says Version V4.216_LCD /1440X2560 /F2.0 

Any help is appreciated 

Smile

Is that the f/w version you attempted to load?  If not what version did you try to load--where did you get the files?

Was there any "readme" type of file in the package you used for the attempted update?
If by "here" you mean this thread--the Read me please.doc file states:

[Image: V2.19Warning-00.jpg]

Are you certain you used to correct files  from the Firmware for fixing 03 LCD frame shearing bugs( for M05 and older Version) folder?

IF you are still able to "print' files, I'd try loading the files from the Elegoo Mars V4.2.16 F2.7 .zip file linked to in the above referenced thread. It appears to be a revision (F2.7 v. F2.0) of the same version your printer thinks it has.

Let us know how it goes...

Words to the wise:
  • NEVER load firmware from third-party sources, like the above referenced thread--always get them diectly from the manufacturer's site--or not at all;
  • DO NOT FIX that which ain't broke--unless you are experiencing a problem the 'upgrade' claims to fix, or the update promises some feature you cannot live without--stay where you are;

This forum, despite it's name and the often great info available, is not an official Elegoo support site. It is a user forum unaffiliated with Elegoo; there should be a disclaimer or "sticky" topic stating this clearly; many (especially first time) posters do not realize that and believe thay are communicating with Elegoo (who do not even seem to frequent this forum).

Elegoo's completely unused Shopify "forum/community" board is here.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com