Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linear Rail Upgrade
Anyone seen a linear upgrade like the one in this video for the Photon but for the Mars? I have not checked dimensions but I wonder if the Photon version would work with the Mars.
I suspect you are looking to minimize the risk of any "z-wobble" problems.

Because the construction is very similar to the one in Photon orginal, I have also wondered about this. But after reading a lot in the last week about how other users experience their Mars printer, I do not feel worried about "z-wobble". Maybe I only read success stories.

Have you experienced similar Z-wobble problems on your Mars, simulator to that some Photon printers suffer from?
I have my printer but actually have not been able to print anything on it yet as I've been traveling for business. I'm coming from fdm so I know what z wobble is and had seen that video which made me curious. When I try to move the carriage on the z-axis it felt pretty solid so I'm not concerned about wobble right now.
I would suspect this is only for printers that have a Z-wobble problem. I cannot discern the layer lines in my prints!
(07-22-2019, 10:53 AM)Frameone Wrote: I would suspect this is only for printers that have a Z-wobble problem. I cannot discern the layer lines in my prints!

I can see a wobble at the top of the z axis screw.  Is this normal?  I haven't seen any issues with prints, but my typical product is not very tall.

I am wondering if the z-axis is bent.

Comments?
If you have z-wobble you should think about a stabilizer for the z-axis. Should help.
look at this beast!!!

https://jacksonproducts.net/shop/ols/pro...-pro-model

I was searching for one too because my orange30 has a linear rail for the z...
A silly and absurdly over-engineered "solution" to a non-existent problem. This all to prevalent concern over the Mars' Z-Axis stability, and that of most LCD and DLP SLA printers, is nonsense driven by people with no knowledge of structural engineering--or just enough to be dangerous.

During operation the Mars' Z-Axis drive and platen are not subjected to any significant non-axial external loads. It is as originally designed and if properly aligned with the LCD screen quite capable of remaining as stable as is necessary under any normal operating load. What non-axial loads it does endure are not in the least comparable to those experienced by the Z-axis in a 3-axis FDM printer. In fact it seems to be comparisons to that technology that drive the meritless concerns over Z-Axis structures in SLA and DLP printers.

Apples and Oranges: The SLA printer Z-Axis does not have to be capable of rigidly resisting forces to which it will never be subjected.

I.e. "It ain't broke"and, ergo, does not need "fixing"..
i did the calibration from this instruction: https://www.elegoomars.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=252