Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars Prints curling and layer splitting.
Confused  This happen on about 80% of my prints. Prints curling, layer splitting, melting, and don't look like it cured right. Some just are missing parts of the prints altogether. I attached my settings and I am using the elegoo standard photopolymer resin. On a Elegoo Mars.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would experiment with reducing the "lift speed", both bottom and "normal" layers. Chitubox's default values are too fast, especially the normal layer setting at 100 mm/min--try 60 mm/min for both the bottom and normal layers.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(12-18-2020, 10:05 PM)cliffyk Wrote: I would experiment with reducing the "lift speed", both bottom and "normal" layers. Chitubox's default values are too fast, especially the normal layer setting at 100 mm/min--try 60 mm/min for both the bottom and normal layers.

I did that changes and i am still getting the melted sides... Also it alway happens to the side facing the build plate so its the layers that 1st print attached to the supports. Anyone know anything i can do to fix this.. its now happening on every print.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How old is your printer? Or more specifically how many hours of printing does it have "on it"?

If 250 to 300 hours or more then it is likely the LCD shutter has failed. The LCD is a "consumable" part, only warranted for 3 months (about 2.8 to 3.3 hours per day for each of those 90 days). I had one that failed after just 11 hours, but Elegoo was great about sending me a replacement...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(01-03-2021, 01:22 PM)cliffyk Wrote: How old is your printer? Or more specifically how many hours of printing does it have "on it"?

If 250 to 300 hours or more then it is likely the LCD shutter has failed. The LCD is a "consumable" part, only warranted for 3 months (about 2.8 to 3.3 hours per day for each of those 90 days).  I had one that failed after just 11 hours, but Elegoo was great about sending me a replacement...

I just finished replacing the lcd as I cracked my last one. Also the new prints are much more brittle than they were on the old lcd. I only got the pinter in September of 2020 so i am not sure why I am having so many  issues.
I am having the exact same issue. I have no idea what is going on. Oddly enough I too was printing some upgrades for my Ender 3 also. which makes me wonder if this is an issue with the printer or the models. I have taken pictures of the rod stabilizer and the filiment holder mount to put on here.

(01-19-2021, 10:44 AM)revdrlon Wrote: I am having the exact same issue. I have no idea what is going on. Oddly enough I too was printing some upgrades for my Ender 3 also. which makes me wonder if this is an issue with the printer or the models. I have taken pictures of the rod stabilizer and the filiment holder mount to put on here.

How old is your printer? Or more specifically how many hours of printing does it have "on it"?

If 250 to 300 hours or more then it is likely the LCD shutter has failed. The LCD is a "consumable" part, only warranted for 3 months (about 2.8 to 3.3 hours per day for each of those 90 days). I had one that failed after just 11 hours, but Elegoo was great about sending me a replacement...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com