Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delamination Problems
Having lots of problems printing this large jig that allows me to rout hinge recesses into door jambs, so I can hang a panel door.  Chitubox snip shows how I set up supports and 3mm Z lift on my last print using proven Elegoo Mars Red resin.  Other photos show the first failure using Suraya Blu resin which seriously laminated.  My theory is that on such a large model, you can't have a sharp change in section and I need to go in and add large blend radii inside the hollow shape.  I may also try and do some infill but am not sure if that impedes the drainage of the resin from the hollow sections.

On the red resin print I didn't get beyond the raised platform before the print failed and the only bit beyond that height is the continuing support inside the router bit depth setting pocket.

I have moved the printer twice recently between homes but always in the supplied foam and box.  I also have replaced the FEP film and relevelled the bed before these prints.  I also greased the leadscrew as it was making unpleasant mechanical noises during levelling.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck at the moment and am close to resorting to constructing my jig out of wood!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-21-2020, 03:55 PM)gordon3d Wrote: Having lots of problems printing this large jig that allows me to rout hinge recesses into door jambs, so I can hang a panel door.  Chitubox snip shows how I set up supports and 3mm Z lift on my last print using proven Elegoo Mars Red resin.  Other photos show the first failure using Suraya Blu resin which seriously laminated.  My theory is that on such a large model, you can't have a sharp change in section and I need to go in and add large blend radii inside the hollow shape.  I may also try and do some infill but am not sure if that impedes the drainage of the resin from the hollow sections.

On the red resin print I didn't get beyond the raised platform before the print failed and the only bit beyond that height is the continuing support inside the router bit depth setting pocket.

I have moved the printer twice recently between homes but always in the supplied foam and box.  I also have replaced the FEP film and relevelled the bed before these prints.  I also greased the leadscrew as it was making unpleasant mechanical noises during levelling.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck at the moment and am close to resorting to constructing my jig out of wood!

Ok - did a bit studying and when I looked online for my Elegoo Red Resin I found this website with recommended settings for each Elegoo Resin.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0 - wasn't terribly out.  I also did a 30% infill and set the whole thing at an angle (one direction only).  I did get a curve/warp at the first surface below the platform but as this was not critical to the part it was still functional.  I think in future I will probably thicken the wall of this first face and maybe add some ribs - to make it stiffer.  Photos of final project and resulting door jamb hinge slots shown.  I will post the model on thingiverse later.  

In the end I did make this in wood first as I wanted  to get my new door up - but am confident this printed jib works almost as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)