Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film forming on top of resin
Okay, so I got my second print to work, it came out great except a film started forming on top of the resin like another UV source was trying to cure it.  What I printed was a little over 5 hours...I came in and checked it (removing the top) several times to ensure it was printing fine...it was night so there's no sun.  I have Philip Hue LED Smart lights and I was using an LED head lamp as it's a little dark in the room and I was using black resin.  As far as I'm aware neither the head lamp or my hue bulbs produce UV light.  This film started forming maybe 80% through the print and it did mess up one side of my print as the film started bonding to the print itself, it was a real slimy like film, not sure how else to describe it.

I'm using Elegoo's Water Washable Resin (black)

• It is winter here so I have the heat on, should I keep it cooler for the resin?
• Would humidity matter?
• Should I not use my LED Head Lamp to look at it?  
• Should I not remove the cover at all (when watching videos on people demonstrating how to use the Elegoo Mars, they lift the lid and no one has ever talked about not lifting it, is this a no    no?).
• Is this caused by anything else that I should be aware of?

Thank you all for any help or advice you can give in regards to this, I really appreciate it!
(12-27-2020, 10:20 PM)Kaanha Wrote: Okay, so I got my second print to work...
White leds are actually near uv leds with a phosphor coating that gets excited just like dayglo colors do. There’s likely a fair amount of near uv that makes it through and is not fully converted by the phosphor.
(12-27-2020, 10:53 PM)Quacker Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 10:20 PM)Kaanha Wrote: Okay, so I got my second print to work...
White leds are actually near uv leds with a phosphor coating that gets excited just like dayglo colors do. There’s likely a fair amount of near uv that makes it through and is not fully converted by the phosphor.

I see, i wasn't aware of that, would it make a difference if i changed the color of the hue bulbs? I won't use the flashlight again. Does the cover on the Mars actually block UV light?