Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD screen problems
I have a elegoo mars pro and have been printing constantly for 7 months..I m thinking my problem is the lcd, but before I replace it, I thought I would ask everyone.  All of a sudden my prints fail and no matter how big it small my print is, I get these mountain range shapes on the build plate.  I removed the vat and build plate and started a print and looked into the lcd and could see these gaps or lines where I'm assuming the light was coming through.  It looks as if the lights dont even turn off between each layer.  Also, when I first got my printer I remember putting tape on the lcd to help getting stuff to stick to the build plate, and didnt the purple rectangle light go off after a few minutes (or seconds?)  Because now when you test the exposure,  it stays on..I cant remember. I figured I would replace the lcd, since everyone always says it dies but I wanted to be sure.thx
"have been printing constantly for 7 months" says it all, the LCD is shot--they last just 350 to 500 hours on printing on the Pro (250 to 300 on the plain ol' Mars), the near UV¹ curing light causes the "liquid" crystals, to solidify ans they can no longer twist to pass or block the curing radiation as needed. This is not an exclusively Elegoo problem--it is a limitation of the technology. I believe the 405 nm "near UV' colour temperature was chosen in part to minimise the degradation.

---------------------------------------------------
¹ - 405 nm wavelength light is not UV light, is visible light at the lowest "end" of a human being's visible spectra--true UV begins at 390 to 395 nm.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com