Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark on FEP Film After Initial Print
Question 
Hello all,

I recently received an elegoo mars this Christmas and just got around to trying it after getting some transparent elegoo resin. I am happy to say the rook they include as a test file came out great (I edited the file to print only 1, directly in the center). However, after cleaning everything up I noticed that the FEP film has a white mark outlining part of the print. It's worth mentioning that the mark is smaller than the base of the print, so it likely didn't happen until a later part of the print (looks to be a slice right before the "torture test" text, on the top surface of the rook model). I tried gently scraping and scrubbing with some tissue dipped in isopropyl alcohol but can't seem remove it. I do have some mean green on the way, which I'll use to reclean everything once it arrives. 

I've attached an image - any help in how to clean it, how to prevent it, or any information as to what might be going on is greatly appreciated. I'm holding off printing anything else until the mean green gets here, but I am worried about how this mark might affect future prints, so any input on that is also appreciated.

Thanks!

[Image: 20201230-201208-1.jpg]
Remove the vat and place it on a towel or a doubled-up paper towel--then use your fingernail to gently get under the "detritus" to lift and pry it off...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com