Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can´t find platforms to buy
Hello

I´m new to 3D printing, and seems that I screwed up, literally, the screws and the sockets on the head of the building platform.
I stripped them, because my guess is that I havent learned the tightness threshold. When i noticed the tiny shavings on the upper side of the platform, it was already too late.

Anyway, this might be a common question, but I can't find where to buy a replacement for the head (except amazon and sincerely, it's a little to much to pay the double the price than the official website), or if there are spares for the sockets (?).
So if someone would be kind enough to point me out I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance.
Send an email to Elegoo (3dp@elegoo.com) and describe what happened, they will most likely take care of you-I have found their support to be quite solid...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
One other thought, repair the one you have. The ball mount socket is quite sufficiently robust for the insertion of Helicoil™ thread repair inserts--or any of the numerous "helicoil type" clones. Here's a set for M5, M6 and M8 threads for $6.99 on Amazon (you'll need to use M6 size from the kit).

Re-drilling and tapping the holes, and placing the inserts is quite easliy done (and remember if you do screw it up you'll not be any worse off than you are now), however if you are uncomfortable with doing it, buy the insert kit and find a local machine shop (or even a trade school shop or a reasonably competent auto shop) and ask them do it. I cannot imagine their charging too much for doing this...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com