Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resin on LCD
Hi everyone,

I have a drop of cured resin on my LCD. It seems there is a foil over the LCD too? I tried to remove the resin with a razorblade and damaged this foil with a tiny cut. Can I replace this foil myself?

Thanks
No, that is the top polarizer layer of the LCD stack--you need a new LCD. The good news is that you would likely be replacing it in 3 to 6 9at the outside) months anyway, and they are only $30 or so...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Why you don't have use alcohol to remove the drop?
The resin smells in the alcohol take a little bit time - i have forgot a model in my wash-machine and a day later it was gone - like a alcohol-rssin-bath...  Angry
(02-22-2021, 05:44 AM)nighteagle Wrote: Why you don't have use alcohol to remove the drop?
The resin smells in the alcohol take a little bit time - i have forgot a model in my wash-machine and a day later it was gone - like a alcohol-rssin-bath...  Angry

I imagine/assume it was cured...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Please put a cured resin part in alcohol - for some days...  then surprise yourself!
A bit late but still interesting to know. If only the polarizer is damaged, you can replace polarizer film. It's a low budget solution.
Removing the old damaged one carefully, replacing it by the new one.

Important details are
- align polarizer film in correct angle
- avoid airbubbles, by using a squeegee or a creditcard
- avoid scratching LCD-surface
- don't perform this in a room with a lot of dust in the air

At youtube you can find instructionvideos about this.