Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Move Z axis to zero" button moves plate up, now stuck
I was attempting to reset the Z axis, so loosen the screws and hit the "Move Z axis to zero" button. The build plate moved up a few cm instead of down, confused I hit it again, and again it moved up. I turn the machine off and on, and tried again, and again it moved up, hitting the top of the screw and making the noise of a servo still trying to turn. I hit the down button and nothing happened. 
So down does nothing, up makes the noise of it still trying to go up, and "Move Z axis to zero" *also tries to move up. It is like it forgot what down is. What the heck is happening and how do I fix it? 

Video of the issue in case it helps:
https://youtu.be/nhqJq-Txzow
Get in touch with Elegoo support and ask them. This is a user forum having no direct affiliation with Elegoo support...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Ah. I thought a forum devoted to a printer might have people on it who encountered this problem and/or had suggestions on how to troubleshoot it. Turns out asking for help with my printer on this forum for that printer is apparently frowned upon. Thanks for letting me know to not waste anymore of my time here.
That's an entirely uncalled for response--I obviously had never heard of the problem, but provided a perfectly valid suggestion as to how to perhaps resolve your issue--and do so specifically without "wasting time here".

Now, if you want to play acerbic, I'll give you some--untie your little pink panties from the wad you've got them in and get in touch with Elegoo support so that I do not have to waste my time here...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Oh good misogyny too. You're an ass. Goodbye.
(03-02-2021, 06:05 AM)improbablegarage Wrote: Oh good misogyny too. You're an ass. Goodbye.

Good riddance...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(03-01-2021, 11:41 AM)improbablegarage Wrote: I was attempting to reset the Z axis, so loosen the screws and hit the "Move Z axis to zero" button. The build plate moved up a few cm instead of down, confused I hit it again, and again it moved up. I turn the machine off and on, and tried again, and again it moved up, hitting the top of the screw and making the noise of a servo still trying to turn. I hit the down button and nothing happened. 
So down does nothing, up makes the noise of it still trying to go up, and "Move Z axis to zero" *also tries to move up. It is like it forgot what down is. What the heck is happening and how do I fix it? 

Video of the issue in case it helps:
https://youtu.be/nhqJq-Txzow

...i'm also having this issue, did you find a solution?

- Kim -
There is a red light & a sensor at the bottom of the screw, and a tab off the plate holder that breaks the light beam when it is at the bottom. I had gotten grease on the light or sensor so it thought the plate was already all the way down. Clean that area thoroughly and it should work again.