Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print issues
For some issues there are a ton of posts all over the internet, but I have a couple that I've not seen elsewhere. I printed this Apple Watch stand. I printed it with the bottomĀ sitting on the build plate.

The top corners near the front were deformed - almost like it was pinched. I suspect this might be due to suction, owing to the orientation. Anyone agree?

Also, along the vertical sides were what can only be described as scratches, the full vertical length, like it was being dragged past something sharp. I have no idea what that may have been from. (I filter my resin when pouring it back inthe bottle).
Do you have photos of the final product?

My first thought goes toward your use of supports--or as I prefer to think of them "hangers". With filament printers the supports do in fact support yet to be printed layers of a model against the pull of gravity and are primarily loaded in compression.

However as our printers print things upside-down, the "supports" actually suspend yet to be printed layers vs. gravity and are vital to separating what has been printed from the FEP--they are primarily tension loaded.

Suction induced distortion is a factor. Often it is necessary to provide "vent/drain" holes to relive suction within what are enclosed spaces during the printing process.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com