Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home position
I have tried several times to get my Mars pro set up but the issue I have is that the home button doesn’t send the build plate down towards the lcd screen.

When home is pressed all that happens is the build plate moves 3-4mm further away from the screen. This happens no matter what height it is currently at so can take it all the way to the top with continued presses.

I have tried several times to print the demo rook and all I have ended up with is 2 circles attached to the fep each time as though they aren’t attaching to the build plate.

I have tried resetting z=0 as per the instructions that came with the printer and also looked at the videos on the Elegoo website which I cannot follow directly as pressing home doesn’t work as it apparently should.

Can anybody help?
Elegoo has recently had many quality control issues with the newer models that have been highlighted in this forum, however I have heard of this behaviour reported in the past, here or elsewhere on the web. It is certainly a hardware or firmware issue causing the "home" function to not behave as intended--when you attempted to print the rooks did the platen descend normally at the start of the job?

video of hardware controlled "0" (home) positioning

Note: The video may take 10-15 s to begin play.

Hardware established zero positioning sequence:
  1. platen drops 'til limit switch senses lowest possible hardware limited "0" position;
  2. platen rises 4-5 mm;
  3. platen drops slowly 'til limit switch once again senses lowest possible hardware limited "0" position;

If a logical zero position has been set via the Z=0 button/function the platen drops to the hardware zero position, then rises to the logical zero position:

video of logical ("Z=0" set) home positioning (logical zero set 5 mm above hardware limit)

Logical "0" positioning sequence:
  1. platen drops 'til limit switch senses lowest possible hardware limited position;
  2. platen rises 4-5 mm;
  3. platen drops slowly 'til limit switch once again senses lowest possible hardware limited position;
  4. platen rises to the logical zero position (+5 mm as set by the "Z=0" function);

Note that the platen always first drops to the hardware limit--it has to to establish a base reference setting--all other positioning is determined by firmware's running tally of up and down steps.

You may wish to disconnect the platen trolley from the lead screw follower and observe the lead screw behaviour as you attempt to "home' and otherwise position it. It may be that the trolley is jamming and unable to travel downward. I am not certain how to do that (disconnect the trolley from the follower) on the Pro--but I'm sure there's a video out there somewhere describing the process...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com