Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flexible Build Plate mod
I see several different Flexible Build Plate add on/mod out there.

Some of what I see in the reviews for them mention modifying/extending the z stop.
But then they refer to the extension part being for the Mars Pro.

Has anyone with a standard Mars used one of these flexible build plates?
If so, did you need to do something to extend the z stop?
If so, how did you do it?
Yes it needs it, I use sovol plate on all of mine mars, mars2 pro and normal
If you look under the Z arm there is a metal plate with a flag on it, attached with 2 screws, it goes under that

They are on thingverse...not hard to find
FWIW, I added one to my Mars2 Pro and the print success rate dropped down to 0. Removed it again and decided to go with the metal spatula to take off my prints even though it scratches the build plate. A new build plate is about the same price as the magnetic plate mod. Also, my first build plate looks pretty bad visually by now, but not a single problem still with builds falling off. So all in all, I cannot recommend those flexible plates at all.

Now you're probably wondering why the print success rate rate dropped:
* The magnetic plate is much smoother than even the worst scratched Mars 2 build plate so larger prints stick to the FEP and not the magnetic plate
* If, by chance, the print still sticks strong to the magnetic plate, it bends and you're left with a rounded bottom (top - depends on the point of view) surface of your print. The magnet doesn't seem strong enough.

That said, I imagine it might work well for printing many smaller minis, but for larger functional parts this wasn't good at all for me.