Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChiTuBox Settings
Hi,

i received my SATURN yesterday and i wanted to set it up in ChiTuBox. But unlike for my MARS i cannot find some user settings for the lifting speed etc. I so not want to use the defauilt. Any recommendations? I am using Elgeoo ABS like Grey. I am only interested in machine settings, not resin settings Smile
What version of CHITUBOX are you using? I just loaded the Saturn driver in v1.8.1 and all those settings were available.

Checked v 1.8.0 beta and v1.7.0 also, both show the lift speeds and other machine settings as well...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
The latest one. I do not mean the standard settings but improved ones
You should have said so in the first--you mentioned only lift speed. I understand now what you meant.

The "other" settings are sdisabed by default in many of the printer "machine" resource files. I don't know why, perhaps they are not supported by some printers--they can be enabled by editing the resource configuration file for your printer. I have done so for my plain ol' Mars, however to be honest I do not find their so-called "improvement" to have much utility or do much of anything I found necessary.

On Linux the these files are located at [CHITUBOX installation folder]/resource/machine..

In the ELEGOO_SATURN.cfg file you will find a number of entries that are typically named [something]Visible or [something]Editable--if the configuration valule is "0" that function/setting is disabled.

Here is the Saturn file with such values highlighted (check the @default.cfg file too:

[Image: SaturnEnableStuff-00.jpg]

Hope this helps--let us know how you make out...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Ah, ok. So i found a recommendation to set all of the lift settings to 70. On my Mars i have the retract speed set to 150 so 70 is way lower and the prints take longer. I don not print minitaures so far, so 150 could be a better value in saving time?
I started printing and i have to say i am very disappointed! When i start to print, the prints are sticking to the FEP and every time it lifts, i hear a tearing sound. I adjusted the bottom exposure time from 30-60s so it may not glue to the FEP but no use. Very disappointed with the printer so far!