Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G-code edits for all Elegoo printers
(03-21-2021, 01:39 PM)cliffyk Wrote: It is worthy to once again note that the M8084 parameter only alters the "logical" zero position of the platen. The hardware physical "zero" position remains as determined by the Z-Axis limit switch and the "flag" at he base of the Z-Axis trolley.

When the "Platen Go Home" (my apologies to E.T.) button is pressed, or when the printer is initializing before a print job the platen will always descend to the physical limit switch determined zero position, and then rise to logical "zero" when firmware receives a g-code "goto zero" command.

Thanks Cliffy ~

In other words if the build table set too low... the initial zeroing could cause the build plate to press hard into the FEP, and not great especially if there is debris in the bottom of tank? 

So yes if that's the case then initial set up of the build plate first would be a good idea..

But I think what you are saying is that in either case the Z height will begin printing in the proper spot *once calibrated* via M08084? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
G-code edits for all Elegoo printers - by Kirk444 - 03-20-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: G-code edits for all Elegoo printers - by Kirk444 - 03-27-2021, 09:41 AM