Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recalibration question
Hi guys, my name is Mihail and Im a 3D artist. I just started printing with my Elegoo mars pro 2 and im super happy! My only question is, after i've printed out a model, should i recalibrate with the paper again or can i just print out to my hearts content?

I hope i posted this in the right area, im sorry if i messed up! Thanks for the help! I appreciate it Smile
(03-28-2021, 11:18 AM)Huge Wrote: Hi guys, my name is Mihail and Im a 3D artist. I just started printing with my Elegoo mars pro 2 and im super happy! My only question is, after i've printed out a model, should i recalibrate with the paper again or can i just print out to my hearts content?

I hope i posted this in the right area, im sorry if i messed up! Thanks for the help! I appreciate it Smile
Hi Mihail,
Welcome to the forum and apologies in advance to the forum for the long post.
I am a newcomer as of XMAS 2020, and printed a fair bit since then and will chime in to get the ball rolling.
From what I understand, once you have set the build plate home position, unless you have problems with models peeling off the build plate or becoming detached, or you drop it to the floor then no you don't need to re do it every time.
In saying that if you are heavy handed with the build plate when removing the raft or supports, the built plate may move around the set grub screw. -make sure it is tight enough, but not that you might strip the thread.
If you have any doubts, then re-visit the setting.
If you are about to make a sizable build, I reset the build plate to be sure so that I don't lose the resin as I don't build many  big models.
One thing I do is, if anything that is larger than a small build, is I pause the print just after it has started the model but after the supports,- to check for any peeling or non attachment to the build late and because am cautious. As the surface of the 2Pro aluminium Build plate is sandblasted, be gentle with the metal spatula as it can do a lot of damage and in itself might create an area where the first layers won't stick. I am trying to find a spatula that is somewhere between the aluminium build plate and cured resin. In saying this, lots of folk just use the metal spatula that came with the printer, so it might be just me.
I use a LED torch as it has a more defined light spectrum without UV to see through the red cover to inspect the build plate.
Then I restart the print if I am happy with what I see. This way I limit the amount of resin lost in case of build plate home position errors or "elephants foot" which is caused by resin settings which is another issue altogether.
If you want to be anal, then go for it and do it each time to satisfy yourself that it is correct before starting a build.
Just remember, you could fatigue the grub screw thread and prematurely reduce the life of Build plate head assembly by resetting the home position each time and stripping the aluminium thread. I use as a good gauge: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.
Others with more experience than me will advise if I am far off the mark and what their experience is.
I hope this helps and happy building. I look forward to seeing your creations.
Nutters
It is mot necessary to re-align the platen, unless you areexperiencing some problem that might be related to its alignment--or know you have disturbed it's alignment. I have not realigned mine in over six months...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
heya guys thanks a lot for the response, and dont worry im patient Smile

Nutters, ill post some of my work soon. Thanks again, i appreciate the help!