Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing FEP
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to 3D printing and I want to replace the FEP on the resin tank of the Elegoo Mars2 pro printer. My question is about the acetate sheets. One is a thinner sheet and the other is a thicker sheet. Which one is the FEP and which is the backing sheet? Sorry if this sounds idiotic, but remember this is all new to me. Undecided

Fred W.
(05-30-2021, 09:31 AM)Fred W. Wrote: Hi all,
I'm a newbie to 3D printing and I want to replace the FEP on the resin tank of the Elegoo Mars2 pro printer. My question is about the acetate sheets. One is a thinner sheet and the other is a thicker sheet. Which one is the FEP and which is the backing sheet? Sorry if this sounds idiotic, but remember this is all new to me. Undecided

Fred W.

Normally the real sheet is in between of two sheets . at least it was in my case. The procetive shields were  really soft
(06-01-2021, 06:00 AM)Haggy Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 09:31 AM)Fred W. Wrote: Hi all,

Fred W.

Normally the real sheet is in between of two sheets . at least it was in my case. The procetive shields were  really soft

Thanks for the come back Haggy. I am using the FEP replacement sheets that came with my Mars 2 pro. There was only 2 sheets that adhered to each other one thick and one thin. Which is which?
the thin is the protction-sheet, the thicker the FEP
(06-04-2021, 08:30 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: the thin is the protction-sheet, the thicker the FEP

Thanks for the clarification! It's all simple when you've been around the block once. Me, I have to go around twice. Shy
(06-04-2021, 08:46 AM)Fred W. Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 08:30 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: the thin is the protction-sheet, the thicker the FEP

Thanks for the clarification! It's all simple when you've been around the block once. Me, I have to go around twice. Shy

Nailed it! Thanks all. Smile