Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First print on new Saturn
I just received my Elegoo Saturn last night.  This is my first ever 3D printer (of any variety) and I was quite anxious to get it set up and try my first print.  I had ordered a couple of different types of Elegoo brand resin.  I wasn't sure which resins are best, so I just figured I'd start with the brand that matched my machine.

I had a few minor issues getting the Saturn to see the files on the (cheapo included) SD card, so I tossed it and formatted a new San Disk 16gb card and downloaded the files from the Elegoo website...problem solved!

First  print was the Rook (of course...).  I didn't really want to print 2 of them, so I downloaded the single Rook .stl file and sliced it in Chitubox using the recommended settings for the resin I was going to use.  I started with the Elegoo Grey ABS resin.

I loaded it up, and kicked off the print.  I watched it for the first couple of layers just to make sure everything was moving as it should and it was.  Then I went to bed.  This morning I was greeted with a perfectly formed Rook hanging upside down from the build plate.  After reading a lot of posts about failed first prints and build plate adhesion issues, I'm considering myself lucky I had a successful first print.

The only issue I had was getting the darned thing off the build plate.  It was REALLY stuck on their and I had to resort to using a razor blade, a block of wood and a hammer to jar it loose!

I might try to print a model rocket fin can next...

Saturn Rook