Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints are not to scale in Z axis
I am just starting to print, using ChiTu Box as slicer with Elegoo Mars profile.  I noticed my prints are short in the Z axis (for instance, a print of the Resin XP Validator printed complete but was only .7 mm tall vice the 1.4 mm specified).  It seems the X-Y dimensions are OK, just the z axis is a problem.  One part I designed to be 1.4 mm thick printed complete but is only .5 mm thick (It had 28 layers which were to print at .05 mm / layer which equates to 1.4 mm)   I have tried to determine what the problem is but can't seem to figure it out (I tried reloading ChiTu Box slicer, checked the layer thickness in ChiTu Box, resliced several times, checked the exposure time using Resin XP Validator, changed the dimensions of my part but the new dimensions printed short also, I cleaned the glass surface as well as the FEP film, releveled the build plate) -- nothing I have tried prints a part correctly in the z axis.  The printer prints the right number of layers but the overall height is way off.  Any suggestions from anyone on what to check next ?