Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print not sticking to build plate
(07-07-2021, 11:10 AM)mzanetti Wrote: Sounds strange to me... I have like 99% success rate and I don't think I'm doing anything special...

WD-40 on the FEP is something I don't think is a good idea, but I haven't tried... I would assume it just mixes up with the resin and impacts its curing properties for the worse. Maybe I'm wrong with that though.

Now on the question why you seem to have so little success rate, without seeing your setup I can only guess. Perhaps bad calibration?

When do the prints fall off the build plate? Do they not stick at all to begin with or do they fall off half way through the print?
Yeah I usually wait for the wd-40 to dry(as much as possible) on the FEP. I have calibrated several times, by loosening the bed and homing it with a piece of regular paper underneath. I have been trying different resins, all meant to be stronger that standard resin, and when they fail either I just find the first layer in the vat or nothing at all. I am running a print with the regular resin to make sure I can still print with that, that will also tell me my settings for the other resins are the issue.

Messages In This Thread
Print not sticking to build plate - by willstef - 06-30-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Print not sticking to build plate - by willstef - 07-11-2021, 08:20 AM