Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD not working consistenly
Hello everyone,

I'm a techie, but I'm new to 3D printers.  I purchased an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro through Amazon and received it last weekend.  I printed the Rook with no trouble, then played around with Fusion 360 to design and print a few gears.  That all went well, and I was very happy with this awesome little printer.

I started looking around online for other cool things to print, and I found some .stl's for printing a vial of "T-virus" (from Resident Evil).  I printed the caps in gray, and then cleaned out the resin tray and put clear (translucent) resin in the tank.  The body of the vial printed perfectly as well.

Next, I tried printing the vial again, but smaller.  I used chitubox to reduce it to 60%, sliced it, saved it to the computer, and copied it to the USB drive.  It didn't print though.  It acted like it was printing, but there was no print at the end.

After doing some testing, I found that the LCD is inconsistently working.  I tried an exposure test, and the LCD remained solid.  I tried a tank clean, and the LCD remained solid.  

I powered off the printer and powered it back on, and I found that the exposure test worked fine, as did the tank clean.  So I filled the tray with resin, added the plate, inserted the usb, and tried to print again.  Again it went through the motions, but nothing printed.

I tried turning it off and back on and starting again.  Nothing.

I removed the plate and the resin tray and told it to print.  The LCD remained solid.  No UV light came through.

I powered it back off, waited, and turned it back on.  I did the fake print again, and it appeared to be working.  I could see the images created in the LCD screen as expected.

I put the tray and plate back on and tried a real print.  Nothing.

What is going on?  The LCD works sometimes.  Is this a physical problem with the LCD?  Is it a problem with the software?

I've tried slicing different stl's and printing the resulting ctb's, but it still goes through the motions without printing.

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
LCD not working consistenly - by mboehler - 07-02-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by mzanetti - 07-07-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by Meade_Sam - 08-07-2021, 07:07 PM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by mboehler - 08-19-2021, 06:08 AM