Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD not working consistenly
I'm seeing a similar issue.
I bought a Mars Pro 2 threw Amazon the start of last month and it worked fin till the resin tank got a pin prick letting resin leak out over the bed during the print. I ordered a replacement screen from Amazon and did the install this afternoon. Everything looks good so I close up the case and turn the power on, no problems so far.
I re-level the bed and check the LCD print screen, no problems I can see. I start a test print.
And nothing prints.
I remove the tank and pour the resin back in the bottle. Next test the screen and its not displaying the Elegoo logo.
I unplug the printer, reopen the case and double check the connections. Everything seems to be working. I re-close the case and plug the unit. I go under the screen test. This time I see it flicker rather then nothing or the logo...
I turn every thing off again, open the case and check those connections. This time I plug the unit in before closing the case and run the test. The Elegoo logo shows up this time, so I start closing the case up and plug in the USB stick. Just to be safe I run the screen check again. Nothing....
I remove the USB open the case and check the connections again, Powers on and I'm testing the screen with every move I make. I test each connections and get the logo each time. I close the case checking to make sure the print screen is working as I secure each of the four screws, as I plug in the USB stick, As I secure the build plate, as I place the resin tank. Each time I check to make sure that every thing is working before I add the resin and select the test print..... Two hours later there is no print on the plate, There are no resin chunks in the tank.
I opt to see if there is any thing listed here rather then beat my head against the wall.....

And before any one ask.
Yes, I did update the firmware two weeks ago when Chitu Box was updated. I had no issues after updating the firmware.
I didn't have any issues before that pin prick leaking all over the old print screen. I opted to change the screen because it disturbed the gasket and left a resin impression on the old screen.
And I did not change any settings for exposure times.
The only other changes/modifications I have made where to use a new resin tank bought from the Elegoo store on Amazon (Link #1 below). And a Mach5ive screen protector that was listed as an option to replace the gasket (Link #2 below). Something that applied to me rather then replacing the screen again if I get another pin prick/leak.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08345...UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096L4...UTF8&psc=1

Messages In This Thread
LCD not working consistenly - by mboehler - 07-02-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by mzanetti - 07-07-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by Meade_Sam - 08-07-2021, 07:07 PM
RE: LCD not working consistenly - by mboehler - 08-19-2021, 06:08 AM