Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long in cleaner?
Is there a limit on how long you should leave the part in the cleaning solution?  I am using Mean Green.
(07-18-2019, 02:32 PM)JoePeacock Wrote: Is there a limit on how long you should leave the part in the cleaning solution?  I am using Mean Green.

I have heard people leave it in the up to 30 minutes (don't know why).  I bought a cheap Ultrasonic cleaner (€30) and filled it with isopropyl alcohol. I leave the print in there for max 10 minutes ... everything squeaky clean  Big Grin
(07-24-2019, 11:28 AM)bennydesign Wrote: I bought a cheap Ultrasonic cleaner (€30) and filled it with isopropyl alcohol.

You should absolutely NOT do this! Google around a bit, that's highly dangerous. If you really want to use IPA in an UC, put the IPA into a sealed(!) glass container, and then put the glass container into the UC (filled with water).
(07-18-2019, 02:32 PM)JoePeacock Wrote: Is there a limit on how long you should leave the part in the cleaning solution?  I am using Mean Green.

So far I have only tried with IPA (I'm quite new to this). I am experimenting different options, and so far leaving the part 1-3 minutes submerged in IPA turns out in sticky parts. Then I tried leaving it for 10-15 minutes and it was significantly less sticky, though some say the figure could lose sharpness (I have not realized that, nor have I tried to measure it explicitly). 

But so far, I got the best results just submerging the part 2-3 minutes, using a toothbrush with clean IPA, removing supports, and then more toothbrush cleaning. Whole process taking about 10 minutes, tops.

I'll keep experimenting...
I am new as well, but when I switched over to Mean Green, I have accidentally left my pieces in the Mean Green for more than an hour. I purchased a really cheap sonic cleaner (that only runs for 4 minutes) and forgot after the first run. Most of the pieces I have printed are very detailed and the resin would stick into the smallest crevices. So a longer bath in the sonic cleaner is needed. On average most of my piece sit in the Mean Green for over 15 minutes. I have not seen a difference between my normal pieces or that piece that was soaking for over an hour.