Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Mario!
Decided to build myself a Super Mario collection as found on myminifactory on my Elegoo Mars 2 Pro. Learning a lot with coloring, post processing etc while building them. I'm not nearly half way through yet, but here are some first shots. I'll be updating this as I progress.

The first one: Goomba! Built with Elegoo standard white resin and UV resin color pigments (Caramel, Chocolate and Orange). Eyebrows and eyes are Elegoo standard black resin.

Pretty much no post-processing otherwise. Glued the eyebrows with a bit of superglue.

Next, an easy one: Blooper the squid.
Just standard white and black resin. However, Elegoo white resin tends to yellow a lot so I decided to paint this one with white acryl paint.

Third one: Boo-hoo!

Switched to Anycubic resin which seems to yellow a lot less than Elegoo white. Mouth inside is Elegoo transparent resin with red color pigments and a drop of black to make it darker. Can't mix solid red color at this point as the color pigments I found online are transparent ones so even with a ton of red color in white resin I only get pink like Boo-hoos tongue. Using a ton of red color in transparent resin does give a nice red, however, it'll always be somewhat transparent. Parts are glued with super glue.

Chain chomp!

Elegoo resin, hence the teeth are painted to prevent the yellowing.

Bullet bill!

Red parts are still printed white and painted due to my lack of opaque color pigments. Also I forgot to enable antialiasing on this one which is quite visible. It's hard to get the powder from sanding off again. Overall still pretty happy with the result.

Now we're getting serious: Toadette.

I figured out that superglue is not the best method. Instead, I use a drop of resin now and cure it with an UV torch for a few seconds to fixate parts. Then putting everything into the Elegoo mercury for a minute or two to. After that, the joints can be sanded and it makes different colored parts merge into a single part. Amazing Smile
The red jacket is still transparent... I hate it but oh well, still waiting on the shipment of (hopefully this time) opaque color pigments. I really want to get on with Mario or others that require proper red/blue/green which I can't mix still.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Had some spare blue colored resin, so here's an intermediate Luma. Looks boring on the picture, but it's actually incredibly cute Smile

Finally, the solid pigments arrived and the journey continues. Here's Magikoopa.

And Wiggler

Toad, this one turned out awesome IMO

Cheep Cheep

Yoshi!

And peach, with a yellow Luma printed with Glow-in-the-Dark pigments. Didn't really work and ruined my FEP. Yes, I've read reports from others on the internet that this wouldn't work, but I still had to try myself and ruin my FEP. Oh well, so now I also experienced replacing a FEP for the first time Big Grin