Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars Pro: Build plate level issue
So I start a print. Build plate goes down the first time to find the bottom, beeps to acknowledge it, goes up, heads back down to begin, hits the bottom and beeps (sometimes one long beep, sometimes 2 regular beeps), then goes up a short distance and then begins trying to cure layer one. With the build plate no where near the FEP screen where it should be. Anyone know what the issue could be? I’ve re-leveled the thing multiple times and that works just fine. I’ve cleaned the screen and the FEP bowl, re-oiled the build plate thread, shut the whole thing off and unplugged it for a while and then turned it on and tried the whole process again. Still no luck.
Hi, at a first glance, this obviously sounds like a leveling issue... Just to make sure, you did press the "Z=0" button when leveling, did you? Sounds like you might do the sheet-of-paper dance but in the end forget to "store" the new leveling position.

If instead you're sure absolutely sure the leveling is done properly, then the best guess I have at hand would be to update/reinstall the firmware... This is a long shot obviously, but mine had the issue that changing the settings during printing would not work, but a reflash of the firmware fixed it.
(07-11-2021, 03:47 AM)mzanetti Wrote: Hi, at a first glance, this obviously sounds like a leveling issue... Just to make sure, you did press the "Z=0" button when leveling, did you? Sounds like you might do the sheet-of-paper dance but in the end forget to "store" the new leveling position.

If instead you're sure absolutely sure the leveling is done properly, then the best guess I have at hand would be to update/reinstall the firmware... This is a long shot obviously, but mine had the issue that changing the settings during printing would not work, but a reflash of the firmware fixed it.
That actually was exactly what was wrong. Thanks!