Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horizontal lines on first layer to edge of plate
I've got a weird issue going on since I changed the FEP on my tank and re-leveled the build plate.

For some reason or other, any point on the first layer appears to be being stretched to the far left and right of print, but only on what seems like the first layer.

This results in a long line across the layer (or a sheet if the base is a raft for instance) which may detach and float around in the print.

The exposure screen looks ok, I've tried different USB sticks, known prints that worked before the FEP/re-levelling and even opened it up and double checked the screen is properly plugged in. I also tried re-levelling just in case the plate was too low on the Z axis and pushing the screen.

I'm using a flex plate, but making sure I account for this when re-levelling. It's worked great up until now.

I've only been using my Mars 2 Pro for a couple of months, not intensively, just running a few prints in my spare time while I learn it. So wasn't expecting a hardware failure so soon.

Quick update. I did a diagnostic test by printing with the head and vat removed and a piece of paper over the screen so I could photo was was going on. It looks like the screen is failing. As you can see, anywhere there is a pixel drawing, it's extending a variable intensity line to both edges of the screen.

Indeed, looks like a defective screen :/ Perhaps try to contact Elegoo. Reading through the internet they seem rather cool when it comes to replacing parts that broke prematurely. Haven't had contact with them myself yet tho. Otherwise, I've seen replacement screens on Amazon aren't too expensive.

Out of curiosity, any chance that you might have put too much pressure on the screen when re-leveling?
(07-23-2021, 07:45 AM)mzanetti Wrote: Out of curiosity, any chance that you might have put too much pressure on the screen when re-leveling?

This looks like exactly what happened, that or I got extremely unlucky with a floating piece of cured debris that broke off during a failed print. I found a tiny crack at the edge of the screen just where it connects to the edge connector. That appears to have been enough to make it fail.

Got a new screen from Chitu Systems (pretty rapid delivery too, just 5 days direct from China to Spain) and spares on order from 3DJake just in case Smile 

Back up and printing with the new screen and adjusted my z-stop detector by another 1.8mm down just to make sure Wink