Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware updating problem.
Hi All,

I am trying to update my Saturn firmware from 4.3.19 to the latest 4.4.3 so I can run chitubox 1.9.0

I've identified the correct firmware version (01 at the end of the serial so PJL lcd  )

so far I've tried copying the zip file to the root  - trying to print this gives a " format unrecoginsed" error

unzipping the file to root folders and individually trying to print the LCD and CBD gives a "file empty or missing" (the files seem ok in ubuntu file manager )

Any clues as to how this is supposed to work??

TIA
Bill
(07-27-2021, 07:31 AM)billtodd Wrote: Hi All,

I am trying to update my Saturn firmware from 4.3.19 to the latest 4.4.3 so I can run chitubox 1.9.0

I've identified the correct firmware version (01 at the end of the serial so PJL lcd  )

so far I've tried copying the zip file to the root  - trying to print this gives a " format unrecoginsed" error

unzipping the file to root folders and individually trying to print the LCD and CBD gives a "file empty or missing" (the files seem ok in ubuntu file manager )

Any clues as to how this is supposed to work??

TIA
Bill
Ran into the same problem.
Make sure the CBD file is the ONLY file on the drive.
And that it is in the root directory and not in any folder.
Boot up the machine and open the file as if to print.
After doing that it worked for me.
Good luck!
(07-28-2021, 09:50 PM)Mxyzptlk_ays Wrote: Ran into the same problem.
Make sure the CBD file is the ONLY file on the drive.
And that it is in the root directory and not in any folder.
Boot up the machine and open the file as if to print.
After doing that it worked for me.
Good luck!
Thanks for you reply , I've just received a similar response direct from Elegoo support  - I'm very impressed with their support actually :-)

Once the files are individually in the root , each can be printed in the LCD, CBD, BIN order (restarting the printer each time) .

It would have been easier to find the files , if i had an empty drive !

Thanks again for your response :-)

Bill
Have an original Mars Printer but every time I try to select the file to up date the firmware it says file invalid. Any Help. I downloaded Elegoo Mars V4.2.19_LCDM F2.7 and I do-nt have the MO6 in my serial no so used the "Firmware for fixing 03 LCD frame shearing bugs( for M05 and older Version)". Should I try the other version or will it do something strange to the machine

Cheers

Gaz
(08-06-2021, 04:29 AM)Gazzer Wrote: Have an original Mars Printer but every time I try to select the file to up date the firmware it says file invalid. Any Help. I downloaded Elegoo Mars V4.2.19_LCDM F2.7 and I do-nt have the MO6 in my serial no so used the "Firmware for fixing 03 LCD frame shearing bugs( for M05 and older Version)". Should I try the other version or will it do something strange to the machine

Cheers

Gaz
What version of Chitubox have you got on your PC?