Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
light bleed
Hi there, I'm having a problem of light bleed in my vat. When ever I print something I get two areas of solid, yet easy to remove, cooked resin. They are always there and depending on the length of the print, they get thicker. At first I thought it was the lcd screen so I have replaced it. But they are still there. In exactly the same spots and exactly the same shape. I'm starting to think that there is light bleed, or maybe bounce, inside the uv chamber? It cant be dead pixels on two different screens in exactly the same place? I've contacted elegoo, but no response. Any ideas?
Hi Tildane,
Have you been able to fix this issue? I'm having kind of the same problem.
I've found that lowering the layer time helps mitigate this, especially if you have a monochrome printer (Mars 2 Pro, Saturn). You can check for dead pixels by running the real print profile with the vat and build plate removed. Don't forget to put the filtered/colored lid back on. Do not stare directly at the UV lamp.

On my Mars 2 Pro I can see the UV lamp below the darkened portions of the screen, which makes me think the screen is somehow lacking. Possibly the consumer LCD panel doesn't interact with UV light properly to completely block it, or maybe there's a firmware bug that's not "turning off" all of the monochrome sub-pixels.