Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars 2 Pro Calibration XY and Z
I have never, with my plain ol' Mars, experienced height deviations of that magnitude..

I left this message at the fellow's site:
Quote:Have you experimented with exposure times as well?

I ask because fundamentally we are building object by creating mushy tiny little, partially cured 0.05 x 0.05 x (selected layer thickness) mm “bricks” of partially cured photo sensitive polymer resin (curing has been initiated but is not complete, hence the need for additional “post-process” curing) . The machine produces these bricks from beneath the final product and then alternately compresses and stretches them during the remainder of the print job.

That it works at all is somewhat of a wonder. It seems intuitive to me (and intuition is often incorrect) that some optimal initial exposure would render those “bricks” as dimensionally stable as is possible–which would have t produce a better dimensioned object.

As i have stated here in a number of threads now, to me the weak links in this technology are the "mushy little bricks" we are sticking together--which on my Mars can be no smaller than 0.0469 x 0.0472 x 0.01 mm (I have never printed with 10 micron layers--not sure I'd live long enough); also I f we assume these mushy little bricks are inherently dimensionally flawed, and that in such processes flaws tend to be consistent in their vector (I.e. not random, but rather either under- or over- sized by some magnitude), all adding layers does is magnify the error.

Stack up 10 "2 inch" thick bricks that are really 1-3/4" and you'll have a 17.5' stack--2.5" short; stack up 20 "1 inch" bricks that are really 3/4" and the stack will be 15"--5.0" short.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elegoo Mars 2 Pro Calibration XY and Z - by cliffyk - 04-14-2021, 08:34 AM