Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Using flex plates: my lessons learned
(01-28-2021, 06:58 PM)cliffyk Wrote: tHE onlt "too much" platen adhesion prolem I have expedrienced was with that damned useless 'water washable' resin. I wrote a nasty reveiw on Amazon and Elegoo contacted me offedring a 1 liter bottle of any resin I wanted--i.e. they know it's garbage--read more about my experiences with it here.

80 grit is pretty harsh--I had purchased a "Pro" platen to experiment with and roughed it up "just a bit" with 180 grit using a random orbit sander. I had to use an 8" coarse wire wheel in a 3600 rpm bench grinder to get that damned water washable crap off the plate...

You are right, 80 grit for roughing up the plate of the printer itself would be too harsh -BUT remind that the flex plate is, as the name suggests, flexible. So too rough (which equals to "too sticky") is no longer a problem when using flex plates and you never have to worry about prints stucked to your platform. Just a little bending here and there and your print will come of easy.

The trick (from my experience / from this modification) is flexibility AND roughness combined. 

At least it worked for me with models larger than 130 mm and really heavy (last model about 250 grams!).

[edit]
Just ordered some black water washable resin for testing. Curious how it will work out with this.

Happy printing,Chri5

Messages In This Thread
Using flex plates: my lessons learned - by Chri5 - 01-28-2021, 01:26 PM
RE: Using flex plates: my lessons learned - by Chri5 - 01-29-2021, 04:19 AM