Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper resistance is imbalanced during calibration
IMHO the "calibration paper pullout resistance thing" is significant overstated. During calibrations over the year I have had my Mars the paper has never  never been entirely evenly entrapped. and I have has no calibration related printing issues.

When performing the adjustment I press lightly and as evenly as possible can on the platen¹ while snugging up the locking screws (front screw first as recommended by Elegoo support)--also note I said "snugging" up the screws. You are NOT replacing a wheel on your car.

I have also found that rounding the end of the locking screws to remove the typical cap screw end ridges causes less induced motion when snugging up same. Given the design of the ball joint clamping mechanism this should not matter but it seems to help anyway:

[Image: CapScrewRidges-00.jpg]

------------------------------------
¹- Do not press too hard as it will flex and deform the LCD (within it's limits) and result in the platen being set to the plane of the deformed LCD--when the excess pressure is release the LCD returns to its relaxed state and the platen is then misaligned.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paper resistance is imbalanced during calibration - by cliffyk - 04-09-2021, 11:02 AM