Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help! Not printing??
Hi fellow Elegoo users! I bought the Saturn for my son for Christmas and we got started today. We are new to this but excited to work! 

We set everything up and I believe we did everything right. It was going through the motions to print the “test rook” and the screen said 16% when we left the room. I came back about 4 hours later and for some reason it didn’t print anything?? The resin is still a liquid and now I decided to push print to try again and when the base plate reaches the “bottom” (below the resin) it makes a grinding noise. Any suggestions? 
Please help. 
Thank you!
Ryan
Edit - Once I cleaned it I found it printed 2 small quarter sized pieces but didn’t get any larger than quarter size.
99.44% of the time when the "print" does not adhere to the platen (base plate) it's because the finish of the platen is too smooth; "mirror-like". Try roughing it up a bit--very lightly--with 320 or 400 grit wet sandpaper (auto body type). This was a common problem with the early e Mars 2 Pro printers.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(01-01-2022, 02:16 PM)cliffyk Wrote: 99.44% of the time when the "print" does not adhere to the platen (base plate) it's because the finish of the platen is too smooth; "mirror-like". Try roughing it up a bit--very lightly--with 320 or 400 grit wet sandpaper (auto body type). This was a common problem with the early e Mars 2 Pro printers.

make sure you press the platen down firmly on to the card when you level the build plate.

Clean the plate thoroughly with IPA before printing .

If the temperature of the resin/machine is low (<20'C) you will have great difficulty printing .