Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints melting after curing
Twice now, after curing (the second time was cured for over 5 minutes), I have had a print start melting/disintegrating into a puddle of goo.  I have had other prints stay solid.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am using a Mars 2 pro and Mercury plus with water washable grey resin
I have never had good results with "water washable" resin and no longer use or even consider it (in fact when I complained to Elegoo about theirs they sent me a free liter of the regular stuff), though I've never had anything melt. I know it can take up to 20 minutes+ to fully cure a model--try keeping it under the UV light longer. I use 40 minutes under a 30W 405 nm LED lamp in a curing oven I made from an old microwave oven...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(01-16-2022, 11:31 AM)cliffyk Wrote: I have never had good results with "water washable" resin and no longer use or even consider it (in fact when I complained to Elegoo about theirs they sent me a free liter of the regular stuff), though I've never had anything melt. I know it can take up to 20 minutes+ to fully cure a model--try keeping it under the UV light longer. I use 40 minutes under a 30W 405 nm LED lamp in a curing oven I made from an old microwave oven...
Thank you!  I was wondering if I needed to cure it longer or if the water washable resin just did not work.  I will try another kind(and longer curing)