Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help because im just not getting it to work.
So i bought a elegoo mars pro 3d printer for my girlfriend and we where so excited to get into the whole 3d printing world. However instantly after trying the first print we stumbled across the first issue of the build sticking to the bottom rather than the build plate so we had to try building over and over trying different fixes but nothing is working. We also have a problem where the printer just does not recognize cbddlp files and from what i know its the file type that elegoo mars pro is using. And with the issue with resin sticking to bottom we saw somewhere that the best thing you can use is something called super lube but just a very thin layer to keep it from sticking but even then eventually it just falls of the build plate and there is a random hole on the side of the actuall build. I would be so happy if somebody could try to help me understand what we need to do to fix this since nothing i have read online is working. 
I use Chitubox for trying to slice and export files.
The resin im using is Normal grey ish resin that is washable in water.
99.44% of the time sticking to the FEP (bottom) really a failure to stick to the build plate (platen). This can often be resolved by very lightly soughing up the surface of the platen using fine sandpaper--320 or 400 grit.

If the finish on your platen is "mirror-like", as is typical with some of the Pro versions, roughing it up a bit will improve adhesion.

Also, in my experience water washable resin can be finicky, I do not recommend it for beginners...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com