Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it broke?
Hello, I recently tried to update the firmware and something went wrong. My printer LCD screen and fan does not come on. There seems to be power; I see a red light on in the casing and the memory stick "blinks" when inserted in the printer, but the LCD screen and fan does not come on. There's nothing I can do since the screen doesn't work, I can't push or select anything. Previously,  after I updated the firmware the first time, I printed a file but nothing was on the plate. Tried a few things to fix but nothing seemed to work. I then loaded a previous firmware version and that's when this problem happened.   I loaded a previous firmware version on the stick, inserted it into the printer and turned it on. It did the several beeps then the LCD screen went dark and the fan stopped. Flipped the power switch a few times and nothing. Unplugged it and the surge protector for a half an hour and tried to turn it on and again nothing. 
Has this ever happened to anyone, or has anyone heard of this?
Are you sure you got the correct firmware package for your printer? Apparently there are three types of LCDs used in the Saturn--a type "PJL", type "PJ V5" and a type "TM".

Which you have can be determined by the 12th and 13th digits of the printer's serial number as shown below:
==================================================================
[Image: SaturnScreenTypeBySN.png]
==================================================================
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com