Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print dosent stay attached to suppots
I have been testing this little printer for the past couple of days trying to get proper sized parts. When I place the part on the platform and print I have a noticeable short dimension in Z. For example a 20mm cube will come out 18mm in Z. So I thought I would try and build off the platform and use supports, I have had zero luck. Each time I build the part breaks or falls off the supports during the build. The supports are printed fine and are still on the platform but my part is partially built and is down in the resin tray. I have tried all but the heavy supports. I'm still trying to just print off the 20mm cube, I thought I would rotate the cube 45 degrees so the bottom would not be parallel to the platform, then I rotated my cube to where one corner was toward the platform- these all failed with the supports being built and a portion of the part n the resin tray. Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not enough supports.

When you hang something from supports and the supports print, but the piece itself detaches during a print and sticks to the fep, 99% of the time that is support related and just means to add more supports.
admin Wrote:Not enough supports.

When you hang something from supports and the supports print, but the piece itself detaches during a print and sticks to the fep, 99% of the time that is support related and just means to add more supports.
Ok, I have tried using the default settings for supports and I have had zero success. I have tried going up to 80% density with Light supports only to have it fail time and time again. I have had two prints works running medium and 3 fail, and tried heavy to have it fail also. having a hard time figuring out proper supports. Some guidelines would be very useful.
I had four failures in a row on my own design using the default support parameters in Chitubox. Only when I set the support parameters exactly as shown in this video ( https://youtu.be/h7Giypvx438 ) from 3DPrintFarm did I finally have success. So you might consider trying this, it worked for me. Note: scroll to the end of the video for a screenshot of all the parameters.
C3Dsnod Wrote:I had four failures in a row on my own design using the default support parameters in Chitubox. Only when I set the support parameters exactly as shown in this video ( https://youtu.be/h7Giypvx438 ) from 3DPrintFarm did I finally have success. So you might consider trying this, it worked for me. Note: scroll to the end of the video for a screenshot of all the parameters.
Thanks for the reply, I will give these a shot.
(09-11-2019, 07:11 AM)CollinsA Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I will give these a shot.

Have you good results alreadY?
Aquiles76 Wrote:
CollinsA Wrote:Thanks for the reply, I will give these a shot.

Have you good results alreadY?
It appears to me that there needs to be a massive amount of supports needed. I'm having a difficult time with finding a balance. One thing for sure seems to be that the Light and Medium are worthless have only had success with Heavy. Then you run into the issue of removing the huge number of supports. Just to clarify that I'm not trying to print characters where the bottom is not really an issue but more functional engineering models where the supports tend to be a issue. Printing off the build plate would be preferred if only it would print the model to the correct thickness. I will acknowledge that I made a mistake early on with not re-zeroing after leveling, I thought that this step would have solved my issue, however it has not. Models are still around 1-1.5mm short in Z. So the only way that I'm able to get proper dimensional parts is to build with supports, which adds height to the build which adds more time and more cleanup.