Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints sticking to resin vat bottom
Hello all

New here and a new ELEGOO user.  I am on my second print and its a simple ring basically.  It started fine but very quickly began stuck to the bottom of the resin vat vs the base.  Later when I checked nothing was on the base, but the machine said it was 100% so it thought it was done.  I then looked at the bottom of my resin vat and it was stuck to the plastic film bottom there.

What can cause this?

I then cleaned everything and am now running the rook model again to see if that one works fine, and I noticed periodically sometimes I hear a slight snap sound almost like the piece being pulled back off the bottom, or the base.  I can't tell yet as its hidden obviously in the resin.

The resin being used is Elegoo grey.

Thanks for any tips.
I forgot to say, I did print this with no supports as its just a tall ring. Would that matter?
(09-28-2019, 11:56 AM)Pixacor Wrote: I forgot to say, I did print this with no supports as its just a tall ring.  Would that matter?

Try with a 45 degree inclination with supports.
If it's just a ring and the side on the build plate has less surface area then say the middle, then theres not enough surface area on the build plate that is equal to, or greater then the biggest area.

You want to have more surface area attached to the build plate, so adding supports will help greatly.
ВНИМАНИЕ! ПОДЛЫЙ ВОР! Компания ООО ИНТЭК ИНН 7721782188 и ПОДЛЫЙ ОБМАНЩИК руководитель Марченко Павел Владимирович – кидалы!

НИКОГДА не обращайтесь в эту компанию! — Эта компания не отвечает по своим обязательствам!

Между организацией-«поставщиком» нефтепродуктов ООО ИНТЭК ИНН 7721782188 , где директором является вышеупомянутый товарищ,
и нашей фирмой был заключен договор на поставку ГСМ. Договор предусматривал предоплату.

После перевода средств поставщику – ни ДТ, ни возврата денег, и в итоге мы ушли в минус и теперь они (ООО ИНТЭК) нам должны 66 миллионов рублей. Добровольно ничего не отдают.

Это недобросовестная компания, надеюсь, скоро все их махинации будут раскрыты и они понесут самое серьезное наказание!!
I use a trick i saw on YouTube,  
After each VAT cleaning (with microfibers only) i put a little bit of RainX on the bottom of the VAT on the FEP.
Works great to avoid FEP sticking.
(10-21-2019, 02:48 PM)nico940 Wrote: I use a trick i saw on YouTube,  
After each VAT cleaning (with microfibers only) i put a little bit of RainX on the bottom of the VAT on the FEP.
A similar thought is to use PTFE lubricant (3in1 makes one, available at Lowes and HomeDepot).

I haven't had a print stick since I started doing that and wiping the FEP down with a microfiber cloth to spread the PTFE around.
(10-28-2019, 05:10 AM)Prints Charming Wrote:
A similar thought is to use PTFE lubricant (3in1 makes one, available at Lowes and HomeDepot).

I haven't had a print stick since I started doing that and wiping the FEP down with a microfiber cloth to spread the PTFE around.
Great idea! Just bought the Bardahl one (dry PTFE lubricant) and i try it next time i clean my VAT!
Thanks!
(10-29-2019, 02:50 AM)nico940 Wrote:

Great idea! Just bought the Bardahl one (dry PTFE lubricant) and i try it next time i clean my VAT!
Thanks!
How did you get on with the dry PTFE?
(12-06-2019, 12:44 PM)Ewok Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 02:50 AM)nico940 Wrote:

Thanks!
How did you get on with the dry PTFE?

I use WD-40 branded Dry PTFE and it works just fine, spray on, rub all over.